Recipe by Marie
This makes a very moist delicious cake. I like to top mine with whipped cream just before serving.
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup hot coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour bottom of 13x9 pan.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add shortening, and sour cream and beat 2 minutes.
- Add chocolate, eggs, vanilla and hot coffee and beat 2 minutes longer.
- Turn batter into prepared pan and bake about 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack and frost as desired.
- To serve, cut into squares.