Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are from the Watkins Cookbook copyright 1938.
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons watkins cocoa
- 1 teaspoon watkins vanilla
- Boil sugar, syrup and cream, add Coca dissolved in hot water.
- Cook to soft ball stage.
- Add vanilla, beat until creamy.
- Pour into buttered pans, cut into squares.
I haven't made this, but unless I miss my guess this is the recipe my mother used to use. She bought a lot of Watkins stuff. She used to make it with natural sour cream and while it was very good it was also unbelievably rich. We ate it in tiny bites any more than that and your head would explode.