- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, sour cream, milk, corn syrup, and salt in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Then cover and cook 3 minutes without stirring.
- Remove cover and continue to cook without stirring until mixture reads 234 degrees F on candy thermometer.
- Pour into large mixing bowl.
- Let cool.
- Beat in butter and vanilla.
- Continue beating until fudge loses glossy appearance.
- Pour into 8x8-inch square buttered pan.
- Cool, and cut into squares.