This is a great change from the usual fruit dip recipes and it is so easy to make with only three simple ingredients. It is a recipe from my niece who got it from a friend who prepares fruit trays for a major grocery store. The preparation time is an estimate of the time it takes to prepare the fruit.
- Mix sour cream, brown sugar and vanilla extract together.
- Let stand in refrigerator for flavors to combine (at least an hour or two or even better overnight).
- Cut fruit such as apples, bananas, grapes, melon, oranges, peaches, pears, strawberries or watermelon into pieces, chunks, wedges as desired.
- Dip apples and bananas in lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Place prepared fruit around the edge of a serving dish or tray.
- Place dip in a pretty dish in the center of the tray.