Recipe by foodtvfan
This is a great change from the usual fruit dip recipes and it is so easy to make with only three simple ingredients. It is a recipe from my niece who got it from a friend who prepares fruit trays for a major grocery store. The preparation time is an estimate of the time it takes to prepare the fruit.
Top Review by The_Swedish_Chef
Please let me give this recipe 10 stars! I was given 4 hours notice of a party and asked to "bring something fruity" if I came. I had just read this recipe the day before. I ran to Jewel, got cut up fruit and the dip ingredients, whipped them together, arranged the fruit and high-tailed it to the party. EVERYONE agreed that it was the "BEST DIP EVER!!!!" and had fun guessing "what" the ingredients to the dip were! The most often guessed one was "caramel" and most commented on how "guilty" they felt eating something so decadent. Ha! The only thing I altered was using Creme Fraiche rather than sour cream because it's just lighter and healthier but Man O' Man, it made a glorious dip! So good that I made it for my own family the next day. THANKS for posting this incredibly simple yet posh recipe; it's a permanent keeper for me!
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sour cream, brown sugar and vanilla extract together.
- Let stand in refrigerator for flavors to combine (at least an hour or two or even better overnight).
- Cut fruit such as apples, bananas, grapes, melon, oranges, peaches, pears, strawberries or watermelon into pieces, chunks, wedges as desired.
- Dip apples and bananas in lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Place prepared fruit around the edge of a serving dish or tray.
- Place dip in a pretty dish in the center of the tray.