Recipe by CountryLady
A quick & tasty dessert from Rose Reisman, owner of a cooking school in Toronto, Canada!
Top Review by LonghornMama
Quick to fix, good for you, and delicious, too! The kids especially loved this. Used frozen peach slices and frozen wild blueberries and the dish was not overly sweet, but this would really depend of the fruit used. Just fruit in all it's glory with a cakey topping. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 2 1⁄2 cups peaches, sliced & peeled
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons soft margarine
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8-inch square cake pan with vegetable spray.
- FILLING: In a bowl, stir together the blueberries, peaches, and cornstarch.
- In another bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Set aside 1 tablespoons.
- Stir the remaining cinnamon sugar into the berry mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared pan.
- TOPPING: In a bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix the sugar, egg, sour cream, margarine, and water.
- With a wooden spoon, add the dry ingredients to the wet until everything is combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls on top of the fruit mixture.
- Sprinkle with the reserved cinnamon sugar.
- Place the pan in the center of the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out dry.
- Serve warm.