This is a Hungarian recipe called Betyar Fogas. This recipe is from recipegoldmine.
Make and share this Sour Cream Fish Fillets recipe from Food.com.
- If fish fillets are large, cut into serving pcs.
- Pat fish dry.
- Arrange in ungreased 12 x 7&1/2in baking dish.
- Cook and stir mushrooms and onion in butter until mushrooms are golden, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon mushrooms mixture over fish; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix sour cream and cheese.
- Spread over mushroom mixture.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake ucovered at 350 degrees F until fish flakes easily with fork, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
we liked this recipe alot. I put it over garlicky rice and they complimented each other perfectly.
We really liked this dish! Everything went together so nicely. The sourcream parm cheese mixture had a great flavor, and the mushroom saute was a nice addition to this also. Thanks for posting!
This is so very good. I had to substitute Greek yogurt as sour cream doesn't exist in my part of Italy (the fools - they don't know what they're missing). But it was still perfect. I was concerned that the sauce might overwhelm the mild John Dory fillets I used, but it didn't at all. In fact I think the combo really points up the delicate flavor of white fish. Thanks so much Lavender Lynn. I should have known: it takes an Oregonian to recognize the perfect fish dish!