Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
No meat in these enchiladas, but oh my, a cheese lovers dream! Cook time is approximate.
Make and share this Sour Cream Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- To make Green Chile Sauce, combine white sauce, chiles and 1/3 cup minced onion in a saucepan and simmer until onion is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Mix cheese with 1/2 cup minced onion.
- Heat about 1/2 inch of oil in a small skillet.
- Dip each tortilla into the oil (using tongs, not your fingers), just to soften them, about 5 seconds.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place some cheese mixture on each tortilla, saving some for the top and roll.
- Place filled, rolled tortillas in a large, flat ungreased baking dish.
- Top with Green Chile Sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.
- Broil until bubbly and hot throughout.
- Top with sour cream just before serving.