Recipe by lilbitgabby
This is a favorite at potluck dinners. It's easy to prepare, has a mild flavor.
Top Review by kymgerberich
Loved this!! DH added a little hot sauce to his portions since he loves to cauterize the inside of his mouth on a regular basis. It was so easy and tasty, it will be a standby dish for us forever! Thanks for a great dish
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 2 medium onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 (7 3/4 ounce) can black olives
- 1 (12 count) package corn tortillas
- 4 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the onion, mince the garlic, and slice the olives.
- Brown the hamburger, onion, and garlic.
- Add salt& pepper to taste.
- Drain off the fat.
- Add the sliced olives.
- In a large bowl mix together the mushroom soup (do not add water), 3 cups of the cheese, sour cream, and the green chiles.
- Spray your casserole dish with Pam cooking spray.
- Spread about 1/4- 1/2 cup of the soup mixture on the bottom of the pan.
- Put down a layer of tortillas, spread with soup mixture, then a layer of hamburger.
- Make a couple layers and top with the remaining cheese.
- I really smother the tortillas with the soup mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30- 45 minutes till bubbly hot and cheese is all melted.