1/2 Photos of Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole
1 hr 25 mins
This dish takes a little extra time to prepare, but is well worth the time it takes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce, plus
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can ripe olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1In large, shallow dish, mix water and 2 Tablespoons picante sauce.
- 2Place tortillas in mixture for 5 minutes, then drain.
- 3Brown ground beef and onion in heavy skillet, then drain.
- 4Stir in salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, olives, and 1/4 cup picante sauce.
- 5Simmer meat mixture for 5 minutes.
- 6In heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- 7Add flour, stirring until smooth.
- 8Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 9Gradually stir in milk.
- 10Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thickened.
- 11Remove from heat and add sour cream, stirring until well blended.
- 12Place 1/2 of tortillas in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- 13Pour 1/2 of sour cream mixture over tortillas.
- 14Spoon 1/2 of meat mixture evenly over sauce.
- 15Sprinkle 1/2 of cheese over meat mixture.
- 16Repeat layers with other half of ingredients.
- 17Bake in pre-heated 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 973.5
- Calories from Fat 661
- Total Fat 73.4 g
- Saturated Fat 37.8 g
- Cholesterol 233.0 mg
- Sodium 1314.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 45.3 g