a very good 'cake' doughnut. This makes about 8 doughnuts and 14 doughnut holes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla until mixture is pale and thick; add sour cream and combine well.
- 2Sift flour together with baking powder, baking soda, salt and cardamon.
- 3Add flour to egg mixture and stir until just combined (it will be sticky).
- 4Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface, sprinkle additional flour over and roll dough out to 5/8 of an inch thick.
- 5Cut as many rounds as possible with a 3 inch cutter dipped in flour, and cut out centers too.
- 6Gather the scraps into a ball, reroll and cut out more doughnuts in the same manner.
- 7Make doughnut holes with any bits remaining.
- 8Flatten doughnuts and holes gently until ½ inch thick and fry in batches in hot oil for 1 ½ minutes on each side, until golden-brown.
- 9Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- 10If desired, while still warm, dredge with sugar, shaking off excess.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 43.6 mg
- Sodium 254.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 5.1 g