Recipe by andypandy
easy quick sour cream doughnut. Dredge with powdered sugar and serve.
Top Review by soursugar
These are really great simple doughnuts. I didn't need extra flour except a little to put on the board and a little bit on top of the dough to pat it down, too much flour ruins the consistency. I didn't use a rolling pin either, it's easier just to gently pat it down with your hands. Fried in my deep fryer 4 at a time. I got about 14 standard sized doughnuts from this. Glazed them with a simple vanilla glaze.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat sour cream with sugar well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Mix all dry ingredients seperately and add into wet mixture.
- Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface about 3/4 inches thick.
- Cut with a doughnut cutter.
- Fry in deep hot fat.
- Deep fat should be temp of 370 degrees.
- Turn once to brown both sides.
- Place onto paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle or dust with granulated sugar, powdered icing sugar.