Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is such a simple cookie to make. The cookies are soft like a sugar cookie but without the wait. One of my favorites. Easy to double
Top Review by BOWOW
I always hated doing cut out cookies because I never liked the taste of any I had tried but that all changed with this recipe... THEY ARE WONDERFUL. With and without icing.. They should come with a warning thought, they are very addictive, don't sit within arms reach of a plate of them or they'll be gone in no time.. They only thing I changed was instead of rolling them on a floured surface I used Confectionary sugar to roll them out on.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg and.
- sour cream. Stir in the baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add the flour until.
- the dough becomes difficult to stir. Turn the dough out onto a floured.
- surface and knead until dough is no longer sticky.
- Roll the dough one-fourth.
- to one-half thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Place cookies 1 and a half.
- inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 F degrees.
- Cookies should be lightly browned at the edges. Remove from cookie sheets to.
- wire racks.