Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Leslie's Sour Cream Cucs
- 2 cups diced seeded cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon salt, per each cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fresh chives or 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Peel and slice cucumbers and dice or half(use seedless as this is much easier). Salt and let stand in a strainer for 25-30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Mix into sauce and chill covered for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Made for Fall PAC 2012 tag game and I really enjoyed this...DH wasn't as crazy about it and what does he know. He thought that their was too much dill or it could have been left out. I loved it. Reminds me of the cucumbers my mother would make only she didn't dice hers. I did add a pinch of sugar and used fresh herbs. Thank you for posting.