Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I remember these from my childhood.48 years later I finally got the recipe so I am posting here for safe keeping.
- 4 -5 cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- soak cucs in salt water 1 hour.
- Squeeze dry.Add onion,sour cream,vinegar and sugar.Stir well and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- I have been known to be in a hurry and not soaked these in salty water at all but they never lasted long enough to see if it made a difference.
salt helps draw out the water from the cukes so that this recipe doesn't become watered down if it lasts more than a day :-)