Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I have this wonderful file full of recipes I have yet to try. This is one of them. I cut it out of a magazine. I hope you enjoy it!
- 59.14 ml packed light brown sugar
- 158.51 ml packed light brown sugar
- 3.69 ml ground cinnamon, divided
- 453.59 g package poundcake mix
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml grated lemon zest
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 158.51 ml melted butter or 158.51 ml melted margarine
- 14.79 ml confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9"x3" springform pan with cooking spray.
- Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar with 1/4 tsp cinnamon;reserve.
- At medium speed beat cake mix, eggs, milk, sour cream, zest and nutmeg until blended.
- Increase speed to medium-high; beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Spread half of the batter, about 2 3/4 cups, in pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved cinnamon brown sugar.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine flour with remaining brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir in butter until large crumbs form.
- Remove cake from oven.
- Sprinkle crumbs over cake.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and crumbs are golden.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Run knife around the edge of the pan to loosen cake; remove side of pan.
- Cool cake completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.