1 hr 10 mins
tree luee dee's Note:
I have this wonderful file full of recipes I have yet to try. This is one of them. I cut it out of a magazine. I hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package poundcake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup melted butter or 2/3 cup melted margarine
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a 9"x3" springform pan with cooking spray.
- 3Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar with 1/4 tsp cinnamon;reserve.
- 4At medium speed beat cake mix, eggs, milk, sour cream, zest and nutmeg until blended.
- 5Increase speed to medium-high; beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 6Spread half of the batter, about 2 3/4 cups, in pan.
- 7Sprinkle with reserved cinnamon brown sugar.
- 8Top with remaining batter.
- 9Bake 25 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine flour with remaining brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 11Stir in butter until large crumbs form.
- 12Remove cake from oven.
- 13Sprinkle crumbs over cake.
- 14Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and crumbs are golden.
- 15Cool 30 minutes.
- 16Run knife around the edge of the pan to loosen cake; remove side of pan.
- 17Cool cake completely.
- 18Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Crumb Cake
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.2
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 101.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: