Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
oh so good! Does not include chilling time
Make and share this Sour Cream Crumb Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9 inch tube pan.
- Sift dry ingredients and set aside.
- Beat margarine, sugar, eggs, and vanilla with mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
- At low speed, beat in flour mixture and sour cream, alternating between the two.
- Beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour into a pan and bake 50 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- For topping: toss ingredients lightly with fork until crumbly.
- Remove cake from oven and sprinkle with topping.
- Return to over for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool in pan on rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle crumb topped surface with confectioner's sugar.
- Serve warm.
I had this in the oven when my father in law dropped by. I was really glad it cooked evenly since I cut it almost immed. after out of the pan. I was a little nervous the topping would fall off (since I've never done it so close to end of baking time) but it stayed on nicely. I loved that the texture was more on the order of a pound cake (which is why I chose it) and not crumbly. I kept this in the fridge and even the last piece tasted as good as the first (5 days later). Thanks Brisket in Roses, for a wonderful coffee cake recipe! Roxygirl