Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 37 mins
From the Oct/Nov 2004 Taste of Home. Haven't tried yet, but they look good.
Make and share this Sour Cream Cranberry Bars recipe from Food.com.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Combine the oats and 1 1/2 cups flour.
- Add to the creamed mixture until blended.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9X13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- MEanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cranberries, sour cream, sugar, egg, lemon peel, vanilla and remaining flour.
- Spread evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack and refrigerate leftovers.
These bars are rich but very very tasty. I made them for a neighbor gathering and everyone loved them. The only thing that I did different was to add some chopped walnuts to the top topping.