Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This makes a large pan of cornbread. Great with beans, chili, soup, etc. This is for a large gathering - not a small group. Also - not traditional style cornbread. This is a rich moist cornbread. The honey butter is a great addition
- 709.77 ml self-rising cornmeal
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 6 eggs
- 354.88 ml vegetable oil
- 709.77 ml sour cream
- 631.69 ml cream-style corn
- 295.73 ml butter
- 118.29 ml honey
- (3 cups sour cream is 1 1/2 containers of the 16 ounce containers).
- (2 2/3 cups is about 2 cans of the 14 ounce cans).
- Combine first 6 ingredients in order listed, mix well.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes. May take up to 50 to 55 minutes - so you will need to watch it.
- Make 24 squares of cornbread.
- For honey butter: Mix soften butter and honey together. Serve with warm cornbread.
Oh my, this could be a dessert! LOL! I reduced this recipe to 1/3 and cooked it in a 9 inch cake pan. Yummy! I think it may could use a bit of salt in the batter, but was really good without it. My honey butter got too soft and melted completed before I was able to take the photo but oh, it was sooo good. Easy and delish! Prepared for PAC 2008 Thanks Chef Alice Robertson Clark!