Recipe by BeachGirl
A scrumptuous, soft cornbread that isn't crumbly. My favorite...I could make a meal on this alone! A neighbor served this to me and I just HAD to have the recipe.
Top Review by Miss Annie
This is a light, tender and moist cornbread. I didn't change anything in the basic recipe, but I did substitute 3 fresh minced jalapeños for canned. The texture was very pleasing. We thoroughly enjoyed this recipe. Thanks for sharing it.
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 8 ounces sour cream or 8 ounces nonfat sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 eggs or 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup canned diced jalapeno (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray 8-inch square casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake on shelf in lower 1/3 of oven for 25-30 minutes or until set in the middle and lightly browned on the top.
- Cut into nine squares.