Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Easy, and very moist
Top Review by Sueie
Self-rising cornmeal is not readily available here in Australia, so used half cornmeal and half self-rising flour. Worked out well, nice and moist, melt in your mouth. Have made this again, didn't have any sour cream, so used buttermilk used just a little bit less. Was just as enjoyable.
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a lightly greased 8-inch cast-iron skillet in a 400 degree oven 5 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Remove prepared skillet from oven, and spoon batter into the hot skillet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden.