Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This cornbread is so easy and my kids love it!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl mix the flour, cornmeal, sugar,baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- stir in the sour cream, milk, egg, and butter. Pour into a greased, 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.
Although I usually go with Jiffy Mix for my making of cornbread, recipes like yours are a wonderful & tasty change of pace, & the addition of sour cream make for a satisfying bread treat! A keeper of a recipe, for sure! Thanks for sharing it! [made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]