Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Moist and wonderful. Goes together in a jiffy.
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Grease an 8" square pan and preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix together first four ingredients in separate bowl.
- Mix remaining dry ingredients together.
- Mix egg mixture with flour mixture only until moist and pour into pan immediately!
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Excellent cornbread. Used light organic sour cream and oil instead of butter. Result was perfectly moist without being wet or heavy. Light and delicious. I plan on making this again tonight, and I rarely make the same recipe twice, much less in the same week. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I tried this recipe and it came out sooooo moist!