Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 6 slice bacon
- 29.58 ml chopped onions
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml white pepper
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 6 ear fresh corn
- 14.79 ml chopped parsley
- Remove husks and silks from corn, rinse ears.
- Cut kernels from corn to measure 2 cups.
- Fry bacon; drain and crumble.
- Set aside.
- Saute onion in butter; blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Gradually add sour cream, stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Heat just to boiling; add corn, and heat thoroughly (about 5 minutes).
- Fold in half of bacon.
- Spoon into a greased 1 quart casserole; top with parsley and remaining bacon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
This is delicious, but I think it would have been equally delicious just left in the skillet with the additional bacon thrown in for another 10 minutes. I loved this....just wonder why there was a baking time. It didn't seem to change the taste at all. Love corn, and this is not exception with the wonderful fresh corn coming in from the fields here.