Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my daughter's recipes. She sent this to me to put in our Family's 2nd cook book. She never tells her 6 kids whats in the cookies only that she made cookies. They manage to eat them all up before they are even cooled off enough to eat. She has to make several batches so she can have enough for their school lunches. I hope you enjoy them, they are really good.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with sour cream, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Stir in raisins and chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes.
These turned out great! I didn't have any nuts, so used one cup of raisins and one teaspoon of nutmeg. They tasted like Christmas! Very soft cookies; I got three dozen and it was a quick baking project for a hot summer's day. Litldarlin, thanks for the recipe!
Great, yummy cookies. Very light in flavor and texture. Our family isn't big on nuts so we doubled the raisins. Thanks!