Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These cookies come out looking like sugar cookies with crispy edges and soft centers. They are best eaten the same day, as they go stale quickly.
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 88.74 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml lemon extract
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two cookie sheets.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter until creamy. Gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in sour cream, lemon extract, and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low; beat in flour mixture just until blended.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons, 1 inch apart, on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake until set and golden around edges, 10-12 minutes.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; with wide spatula, transfer cookie to wire racks to cool completely.
I have not made t his recipe as yet however my mother made these and "we" - kids- love them. She would hide them - guess what - we always found them. I plan on making these for Easter.
WOW, these are very YUMMY cookies! I had always wanted to make sour cream cookies, but never got around it until now. This recipe is so easy and quick to put together and the cookies have a wonderful texture-soft inside and crispy on the outside plus they taste fabulous. I omitted the lemon essence and added more vanilla instead due to personal taste preferences. Also I reduced the sugar by half and they were great like that! I made rather big cookies (see pic) and ended up with 19. Thanks so much for sharing this winner with us! Ill surely make thes cookies often again. Made and reviewed for one of my "babies" in Spring PAC 2009.
Yummy cookies!!!!!! I have never made this type cookie and I am so glad I tried it!!! I love that it has no egg so the cookies are SO moist and dense and not rubbery or custardy tasting. I used the zest in these for full flavor but it was still subtle and not overpowering. I love that these cookies were so petite and cute! Wonderful tea cookie, thanks for the recipe!!!