Recipe by bakedapple42
These cookies come out looking like sugar cookies with crispy edges and soft centers. They are best eaten the same day, as they go stale quickly.
Top Review by naomi37
I have not made t his recipe as yet however my mother made these and "we" - kids- love them. She would hide them - guess what - we always found them. I plan on making these for Easter.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two cookie sheets.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter until creamy. Gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in sour cream, lemon extract, and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low; beat in flour mixture just until blended.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons, 1 inch apart, on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake until set and golden around edges, 10-12 minutes.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; with wide spatula, transfer cookie to wire racks to cool completely.