Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very good, moist cake with topping layered in cake. Easy to put together since it requires few cake ingredients. Tastes even the next day if there's any left.
- 1 (20 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup firm butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup dry cake mix
- For cake:.
- Combine eggs and sour cream in mixing bowl.
- Beat well.
- Remove 2/3 cup dry cake mix from box and set aside.
- Dump remainder of box onto the egg mix.
- Stir by hand till blended.
- Mixture will be lumpy and thick. That's okay.
- Spoon out half of batter into two greased loaf pans.
- Prepare filling and topping:.
- In small bowl, cut butter into brown sugar and the 2/3 cup reserved cake mix till crumbly.
- Add nuts and cinnamon.
- Now add half of this topping to the batter in the pans.
- Drop remaining batter onto filling in both pans.
- Now add the balance of the filling over the tops of the loaves.
- Bake in 350 degree F. oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Makes two 9 x 5 x 3 loaves.
- You can also bake this in one 9" x 13" x 2" pan.
Went over fantastic! Reminds me of the coffecake I used to get in college. Brought it for a bake sale and all 9 pieces sold out FAST!