Recipe by lollipopys
Great for an afternoon tea party with your girlfriends! I used a strong plunger coffee, but you can also use 2 teaspoons of instant coffee in 1/2 a cup of boiling water.
- 185 g butter, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup strong black coffee, cooled
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 10 g butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons hot strong black coffee
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180 degrees Celcius.
- Lightly grease and line a 10 by 20cm loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour and cinnamon together.
- Fold into creamed mixture, slowly adding the coffee and sour cream, mix until combined.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until cooked, test with a skewer.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes then turn onto wire rack to cool completely.
- COFFEE ICING.
- Combine icing sugar and butter in a small heatproof bowl.
- Stir in enough coffee to make a smooth paste.
- Place over a saucepan of simmering water and gently heat, stirring for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture is spreadable.
- Spread over the cooled cake with a spatula.
- Sprinle with pecans.