Recipe by Manami
A recipe that came to be with ingredients that I had in the kitchen and was in a hurry to prepare a brunch-cake for my company. It is simple and easy to make.
- 1 cup unsalted butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons water or 3 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 -10 whole almonds, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 9x13 cake pan.
- Mix all ingredients for cake, adding sour cream last.
- Combine filling ingredients in a small bowl, mix well.
- Pour half the batter into pan & sprinkle the filling over the batter, and then cover with batter.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes or longer.
- Make the icing by combining all ingredients in a small bowl.
- If necessary add more milk or water to arrive at correct consistency.
- Use almonds to decorate the cake, if desired.
- Drizzle the glaze on cake.