Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
I actually got this recipe from a Bed & Breakfast that I once stayed at. I was so impressed with these muffins, I had to ask for the recipe. Much to my surprise, the pastry chef gave it to me and asked nothing in return. I lost this recipe and found it recently...OMG It's a keeper!
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Mix brown sugar walnuts and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Muffin: Mix butter, sugar and eggs.
- Add sour cream and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Marble the brown sugar mixture through the batter using a table knife.
- Reserve a few tablespoons for sprinkling on top.
- Fill 12 greased muffin cups.
- Sprinkle remaining brown sugar mix on top of each.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 22 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool.
Made these for a brunch on Sunday and they were very easy to make and DELICIOUS! They do make more than 12 muffins since mine ended up huge! I would go to 14-16. Mine were so big they stuck together but still tasty and everyone loved them! highly recommend!
These were absolutely delicious! I made them without any kind of nuts in the topping and it was great! The batter is really thick... almost like a dough but because of the other reviews I read here I knew not to be alarmed. I cooked mine for 20 minutes and they were perfect! Great recipe! Thank you!
Awesome coffee cake muffins. I used ground pecans instead of walnuts. I also baked them in a popover pan which gave me a little larger more rounded muffin, looks like a little coffee cake shape. I got 10 muffins and they baked up nicely in 22 minutes. They are all gone and my family is looking for more. Thanks for sharing this recipe! A keeper.