Recipe by Olha
This flavorsome cake is exceptionally moist and is sure to become a favorite. Dust top of cake with powdered sugar before serving.
Top Review by Barry44
This was a very simple cake to make and was a hit with the entire family. I did not have any baby food on hand so I peeled and mashed some yellow apples. The addition of the fruit really made it nice and moist without dominating the taste of the cake.
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) jar pear baby food
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- TO MAKE CINNAMON FILLING: Combine sugars, raisins, and cinnamon in a small bowl and blend well.
- Set aside.
- TO MAKE CAKE: Combine pears, sour cream, egg substitute, and vanilla in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add sour cream mixture to dry ingredients and mix with a fork until blended.
- Spread a thin layer of batter into an 8-inch bundt pan that has been coated with vegetable spray.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon filling over batter; repeat this process one more time, ending with batter.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Cover cake with waxed paper and cool on a cake rack for 25 minutes.
- This method of covering will keep the cake moist.
- Remove cake from pan, recover with waxed paper, and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- 21 servings.