Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- 236.59 ml sour cream, dairy
- 354.88 ml flour, sifted
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml nuts, chopped
- Cream 1c sugar and butter.
- Add egg yolks and sour cream.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold in.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle with topping made of 1/4 c sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
- Dot with extra butter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes before turning out.
First time around could taste the baking soda so adjusted that to half and now it is much better. We just do not like the baking soda taste and most recipes call for too much anyway. Thanks for an excellent cake.
Just made my 2nd one!! This coffee cake is DELICIOUS!!! I like some others used brown sugar instead of the regular granulated sugar.
Just love this, it is absolutely perfect. The sour cream makes it so moist and dense, the sugar and cinnamon added just the right splash of spice. I drizzled a little warmed up icing over the whole thing, it was divine! My relatives and family beg me to make this now every time we visit. One of my favorite recipes!