Recipe by Bev
Wonderfully rich and overwhelmingly addictive! From Gourmet. Special equipment: a 10-cup bundt pan (10 inches in diameter)
Top Review by Arichka
Very soft,moist and delicious cake. I used low fat sour cream and butter substitute to cut down some cholesterol and fat. I would definetely make it again,but next time I will reduce the amount of sugar in the batter to 1/2 cup instead of 1 cup. It was a little too sweet for my our taste. Thank you.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for dusting pan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted (3 1/2 oz)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened,plus
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature for 30 minutes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously butter bundt pan and dust with flour, knocking out excess.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Pulse walnuts, cinnamon, 1/4 cup sugar, and a pinch of salt in a food processor until nuts are chopped.
- Add melted butter and pulse once to combine.
- Beat together remaining 1 1/2 sticks butter and remaining cup sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes in a standing mixer or 5 minutes with a handheld.
- Reduce speed to medium and add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in sour cream and vanilla until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes more in a standing mixer or 4 minutes more with a handheld.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture, scraping down side of bowl occasionally and mixing until just combined.
- Sprinkle half of nut mixture evenly in bottom of bundt pan.
- Spoon half of batter over nuts and smooth with a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle batter in pan with remaining nut mixture and top with remaining batter, smoothing top.
- Bake in middle of oven until cake begins to pull away from side of pan and a tester comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on a rack 1 hour, then run a thin knife around outer and inner edges.
- Place rack on top of pan, then flip to invert cake onto rack.
- Cool completely.