Recipe by CountryLady
This comes from Bonnie Stern who has owned a cooking school in Toronto Canada for over 30 years. Its good, quick & easy...and freezes well.
Top Review by chia
this is so good! the cake rose well above the 8" pan and looked wonderful. not to mention the whole house just smells so good. i was going to save it until later, after dinner, like i tell my kids. but it was calling my name. so i tatsted a sliver-then another- before i knew it this baby has suffered serious damage. so i came up here to post a review before i demolish the whole thing! seriously, i had alot of sour cream and this seemed like a good recipe to use someof it up, but i think i will always have to have it on hand now in case i feel like making this awesome cake
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter with sugar in a large bowl& beat until light.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder& soda in a medium bowl.
- Add flour to butter mixture alternately with the sour cream in about 4 additions, beginning& ending with flour.
- Spoon half the batter into a buttered 8 inch baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar with nuts& cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle half on the batter.
- Top with remaining batter& sprinkle with rest of the brown sugar mixture.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 35- 40 minutes,or until the center springs back to the touch or a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.