Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A lovely-textured coffee cake, for breakfast, brunch, or just snacking.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs, coffee and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Mix in flour alternately with sour cream.
- Grease bottom of bundt pan.
- Prepare filling: In a small bowl mix brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Spread 1/3 of the batter in pan and sprinkle in 1/3 of the cinnamon filling.
- Repeat previous step two more times, ending with cinnamon filling on top.
- Bake about 60 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
What a great coffee cake! It was pretty easy to put together, and it was moist and tasty. An added bonus is the great smell in your kitchen as you're baking it. I highly recommend this recipe.