1/2 Photos of Sour Cream Coffee Cake
This is probably my favorite of all the coffee cakes/breakfast breads that they served at the Dining Common. Chocolate for breakfast? Who wouldn't enjoy?
My Private Note
9 by 13 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften butter.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Grease a 9 by 13 baking dish.
- 4With an electric mixer on low speed, beat the butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar.
- 5Increase speed to high and beat until fluffy.
- 6Add flour, sour cream, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, orange zest, and eggs, and beat on low to medium until well blended.
- 7Spread half of the batter in the baking dish.
- 8Chop walnuts and combine with cocoa, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup sugar.
- 9Sprinkle over batter, and top with remaining batter.
- 10Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes.
- 11After removing from oven, sprinkle chocolate chips over the surface of the cake.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.5
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 96.0 mg
- Sodium 319.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 37.2 g
- Protein 7.6 g