Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Don't let the use of sour cream deter you from trying this. I HATE sour cream, but you never taste it in this. The sour cream is what makes this coffee cake so moist. It is not a super sweet cake, either. I brought it to work and everyone went crazy over it! Enjoy!
- In a small bowl, combine topping mix and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the 3 dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a LARGE bowl (this makes a lot of batter), cream sugar and butter together.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Add sour cream, mix just until combined (no white streaks).
- Add dry ingredients, a third at a time. Mix well.
- Fold in 1/2 of topping mix.
- Pour into a greased 10x13 glass dish/pan (this will spill out if the dish is smaller than 10x13). You can make 2 smaller pans,.
- Sprinkle remaining topping mix evenly on top.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.