Recipe by Ranikabani
This recipe has been in our family for years but was handed down to us from a family from South Africa. It is always a favourite at parties!
Top Review by jan in Waterloo, ON
I was very happy with the results of this coffee cake...easy, and very delicious...my kids and hubby love it! I baked this recipe in my Silicone Bundt Pan Baking Form (Tupperware)and the clean up was easy.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix butter and sugar till blended.
- Add eggs and sour cream.
- Then add remaining ingredients (not topping ingredients, though!) Grease a Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle half the topping mixture into it and shake it around so that all the surfaces are covered.
- Put half the batter into the pan.
- Then sprinkle the remaining topping over it.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake for 50-60.
- Let it cool a bit on the counter before turning it out.