Recipe by Cooking to Perfection
This is a WONDERFUL recipe. I first served it at a brunch I held a few years ago. The recipe went over very well, and I received many compliments. This is also a great afternoon snack when you are craving something moist and sweet. Enjoy!
Top Review by yedenmatka
This coffee cake is a hit at our house and then some. I just took some over a dear old fella that knows good stuff and he loved this cake. I did top it off with a homemade peach topping. This is a fast, easy cake to make and turns out every time. Thank you for sharing with us!!!!
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 8 inch square pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg until frothy.
- Beat in sugar and butter, and cream until fluffy.
- Add sour cream and vanilla; blend well.
- Sift dry ingredients together; add to sour cream mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into greased square pan.
- For the topping: Mix together all topping ingredients until butter is evenly incorporated.
- Sprinkle evenly over sour cream mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until center springs back when touched, or when a cake tester is inserted and comes out with a few crumbs.