Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another one of my grandmother's wonderful recipes. She seemed to always have this ready to serve whenever company came calling.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon; stir well, and set aside.
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and soda; add to creamed mixture alternating with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spoon half of batter into a greased a floured 10-inch Bundt-pan; sprinkle half of pecan mixture over batter.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- Let cool.
- Drizzle with glaze.
- Store overnight in airtight container.
- Powdered Sugar Glaze: combine all ingredients; stir well.
- **Addmore water if necessary to reach desired consistency.
This cake was very moist and I agree with Jokerette that it does also look very nice. I didn't have any pecans so I did use chopped walnuts instead. I was getting a little nervous when I was putting it in the bundt pan because it was very thick and I thought it was going to be dry....It was WONDERFUL !! You can tell it was good because I made it this morning and it's already half gone!
I've made this recipe for years and it's great as written. But now that we're older, I look for ways to reduce fat. So I tried it with low fat Greek yogurt instead of the sour cream. It is excellent! I can highly recommend this one! Thanks for sharing :)
Beautiful and delicious. I reduced the sugar to 2/3 cup and may cut it down even more next time. Also, I used half cream cheese since I didn't have enough sour cream, and put sliced almonds in the filling. This was a hit at breakfast this morning!