Recipe by Kim D.
I've been making this moist cake for years! It always gets compliments and is the perfect dessert to serve after dinner... with coffee of course!
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 lb butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9X13X2-inch baking pan.
- For topping, mix brown sugar and pecans; set aside.
- For cake, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat well.
- Mix flour and baking powder together and add to mixture.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan.
- Top with half the topping mixture.
- Pour remaining batter into pan and top with remaining topping.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan.
- Cake can be removed from pan in 10-15 minutes if desired.