Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've been making this moist cake for years! It always gets compliments and is the perfect dessert to serve after dinner... with coffee of course!
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 lb butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9X13X2-inch baking pan.
- For topping, mix brown sugar and pecans; set aside.
- For cake, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat well.
- Mix flour and baking powder together and add to mixture.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan.
- Top with half the topping mixture.
- Pour remaining batter into pan and top with remaining topping.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan.
- Cake can be removed from pan in 10-15 minutes if desired.
This is the recipe I use as well! I add a couple teaspoons of cinnamon to the topping, but it's delicious either way!
Wonderfully moist coffee cake, Kim. The ingredient list shows sugar and pecans, but the directions say brown sugar for the topping, so that is what I used. Thanks for posting this delightful cake.
This is an excellent coffee cake recipe! I prepared it in a 10" spring form pan...it did require about 10 more minutes baking time this way, but the presentation was so well worth it! Our whole family enjoyed this special treat! Great with a nice hot cup of coffee!