Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a Cooking Light "lightened" version of sour cream coffee cake. Delicious and you won't even notice the healthier substitutions!
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine first 3 ingredients, set aside.
- Beat sugar, butter and cheese, add egg 1 at a time.
- Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Add to sugar mixture alternating with sour cream.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Sprinkle 1/2 streusel mixture in bottom of greased bundt pan and cover with 1/2 batter.
- Top with remaining streusel and finish with the rest of the batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack.
WOW. This coffee cake is excellent for a lower-fat version. Really, you can't even tell that it is a healhthier coffee cake. None of the flavor is sacrificed. This coffee cake is incredibly moist. It's very easy to make, too. Next time, I will probably double the streusel ingredients because we love the cinnamon and walnut flavor. Thanks for the yummy (and healthier) coffee cake, Lawsome!