Recipe by Caryn
This recipe comes from The Dinah Shore Cookbook (1983) at the request of a Zaar member.
Top Review by shelley scott
after reading the other comments that this cake was a little dry, i tried adding 1/2 a small box of instant pudding. it was great, and very moist, next i'm going to try a different flavor of pudding.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml sifted flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, packed
- 59.14 ml walnuts, coursely chopped
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- NUT TOPPING----------------.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar thoroughly in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla.
- Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture, alternating with sour cream.
- Pur half of batter into a greased 10 3/4 x 7 x 1 1/2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with half of nut topping; add remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining nut topping.
- Bake 45 minutes or until cake tester or toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.