Recipe by Caryn
This recipe comes from The Dinah Shore Cookbook (1983) at the request of a Zaar member.
Top Review by shelley scott
after reading the other comments that this cake was a little dry, i tried adding 1/2 a small box of instant pudding. it was great, and very moist, next i'm going to try a different flavor of pudding.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, coursely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- NUT TOPPING----------------.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar thoroughly in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla.
- Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture, alternating with sour cream.
- Pur half of batter into a greased 10 3/4 x 7 x 1 1/2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with half of nut topping; add remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining nut topping.
- Bake 45 minutes or until cake tester or toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.