Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This can literally be thrown together at the last minute. I couldn't tell you how many times I have made this cake but there is never a crumb left. Great for a get together for coffee and a chat.
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups sour cream (500 mg tub)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Prepare the topping first and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour tube or bundt pan (I just spray with Pam).
- Sift dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat well.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Pour 1/2 batter in pan; top with 1/2 topping.
- Pour remaining batter in pan and top with rest of topping.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
Nice cake. I only had 1 cup of sour cream so I made up the difference with vanilla fat free yogurt. I used a bundt pan and put some of the topping in before adding the dough since that would be the top of the cake.
Excellent cake. The texture is perfect - very moist! I baked mine for 45 minutes in a bunt pan and actually could have baked it a few minutes less. I also made a thin icing to drizzle over the top when it was finished. I will definitely be making this again but will add a little salt next time. Thanks for a great recipe!
I also doubled the topping. I swirled instead of layering the topping. I used a 9 x 13 & needed about 45 minutes. Very moist, dh said "it's wonderful". Keeper!