Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Original name is Jewish Coffee Cake but I am not sure why. This is such an incredible breakfast/brunch coffee cake.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pint sour cream
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Sift dry cake ingredients, set aside.
- Beat sugar, margarine, eggs, vanilla in large bowl.
- Add dry misture and sour cream to mix. Beat well.
- Mix all filling ingredients in separate bowl.
- Pour half of cake batter into greased tub pan, top with half of filling, repeat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
This coffeecake was delicious! The only problem I had with it was when inverting cake onto a plate, the filling ran out and the cake collapsed in the center. The recipe doesn't state any instructions on cooling the cake, but next time I would let the cake cool completely in the pan before tuning out onto a plate in hopes that the filling would firm up enough to prevent it from running out. Also, even though the cake tested done with a toothpick after an hour of baking, the cake batter around the filling was still a little bit underdone. I would probably cook it an extra 5-10 minutes. My family did love it and I will definitely be making it again. Thank you for another delicious PAC recipe.