Recipe by melodyliddell
This came from a magazine I browsed through while in Hawaii. As soon as I got home I made it and was really pleased. This cake can be made ahead of time and reheated at 250 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (softened)
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped, of your choice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all topping ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter, sugar & eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Mix on medium-high until creamed through, about 8 minutes.
- Continue to mix and add the sour cream and vanilla.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients until everything is incorporated.
- In a well-oiled, 9-inch by 11-inch baking pan, spread half of the batter in an even layer.
- Place half of the cinnamon-sugar topping in an even layer over batter.
- Place remaining batter on top of the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture on the top layer of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool at room temp., cut and serve while warm.