Easy and delicious quick coconut bread.
Make and share this Sour Cream Coconut Quick Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and coconut extract.
- Mix in sour cream, then add coconut and mix well.
- Stir flour, baking powder and baking soda together and add to batter and mix well.
- Place batter into greased loaf pan and bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until done.
I'm giving this five stars because it tastes great even though I screwed up! I read the recipe wrong and thought it was 1/4 cup butter instead of 1/4 lb. So, it came out pretty dry, but the flavor is great. I knew the batter was wrong but figured it was the recipe, so I added milk for more moisture. I should have read it a little closer! So, I will definitely make this again with the correct measurements next time! Oh, and I use coconut oil in place of butter for another depth of coconut flavor.
I was ready to write a 5 star review for this quick bread just after tasting the batter! The baked bread is just as delicious. I made a quick confectioners sugar glaze and topped the bread with that and some toasted coconut. It looked great and tasted great.
I made this for work as we had a Diversity Day and our team had the country of Belize. Coconut is popular there so I took a chance on this. I wasnt disappointed. Even though I'm not a big coconut fan, I found this bread sweet & tasty. Thanks for sharing!