Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
A recipe I received from a newsletter. Sounds good, I just have had the chance to try it yet. It is on the list to try!! (That list is every growing)
Top Review by talk2sabby2
This made 4 mini loaves. I used brown sugar for the topping. It was fabulous. I will add to my top 5 for gift giving. Sampled by all ages with very positive reviews. Trudy :-)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease 2 8x4-inch loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl cream together the 1 cup sugar and shortening till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Blend in sour cream and milk.
- Add flour mixture to sour cream mixture; mix well.
- Spread 1/4 of the batter in each of the greased loaf pans.
- Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle 1 Tbs. of this mixture over the batter in the pans.
- Top each with half of the remaining batter.
- Cut through batter gently with a knife to make a swirling effect with the cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the remaining of the topping mixture on top of the loaves.
- Bake for 35-40 minute Cool in pans for 10 minute Remove from pans, cool thoroughly on wire racks.